Thursday 25 April 2013

My First Extreme CB DXing Portable Station Setup & Transmission

After finally getting all my comms kit together, I ventured out onto Anglezarke Moor in Lancashire and climbed to 381m ASL on Great Hill, to setup what would be my first ever extreme portable DXing station.

Some photos from my day extreme DXing :


En-route to the summit of Great Hill


At the summit, prior to setting up the portable
DX station


Basha deployed due to change in weather plus
6m mast with T2LT antenna


The Midland 77-805 Portapak worked a treat


My view from the basha


Very enjoyable despite the weather


Tried on the PMR446, but not much doing


Views over to Darwen Tower


Winter Hill where we get our TV signal from

Location : Great Hill, Anglezarke Moor, UK
Altitude : 381m ASL
Kit Used : Midland 77-805 Portapak, T2LT Antenna

No comments:

Post a Comment